Following our previous post 20 tips for Bali, we wanted to put together a simple checklist of important things you should bring if you are going on holidays to Bali!
- Travel Insurance! – This is very important if you are going to Bali, you don’t want to be over there without any.
- Most of the basic toiletries like sunscreen, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, deodorant, Panadol etc are all available in Bali — so it’s up to you what you take or buy there. However sunscreen is triple the price over there so better of stocking up over here!
- Imodium (in case of Bali Belly)
- Insect repellant – Plenty of mosquito’s in Bali! Apparently they love drunk people to!
- On the flight over you will be given a small white card from the nice people at immigration to fill out. You will be given back half of this card once you have been granted entry into Indonesia, make sure you don’t lose the other half, put it with your passport and ticket. As you will need it to help speed up your departure.
- Airport porters! – Okay there is lovely gentleman who will offer to carry your bags no matter how many you have. I would advise carrying them yourself. As they bring you right to the currency exchange section drop your bags and surround you for a tip! It can be quite intimidating especially if you don’t know the currency notes etc.
- Photocopy of your passport (in case it goes missing).
- Travel light – don’t pack too much just some very light clothes and shorts. You will not need any pants/jumper!
- Travel documents – International driver’s license if you have it and intend to drive a motorbike or car. Otherwise you are likely to get a fine. But I wouldn’t worry too much about it.
- Baby wipes – These are very handy if you plan on doing any surfing or spending a lot of time in the sea, those rash’s can be quite sore!
- Converter for wall outlet. Cheaper here than at home and available everywhere.
- A hat – you don’t want to get sun stroke over here, it can be surprisingly easy to do as its very humid, and you can easily become dehydrated.
- Antihistamines A heat rash is quite common over there, you are better off bringing these as a precaution.
- Bali is an amazing place you can get most things over there, but it is better to be prepared before you go. No go enjoy a nice cold Bintang(local beer). :)
- Remember pack light!