14 Irish facts
14 THINGS IRISH PEOPLE KNOW FOR SURE :
1. If you open a packet of crisps in the pub, you must open it entirely, spread the packet out and place it on the table for all to share.
2. You may give out about the Late Late Show all year round, but you must watch the toy show and you will almost certainly enjoy it.
3. You may not be interested in GAA, but if your county is in the All-Ireland final you will care, and you must support them.
4. There is no better cure for a hangover than a fry, preferably cooked by your mother.
5. Cans of Guinness are for cooking and foreigners. Not for the likes of us.
6. If someone speaks to you about the weather, you must respond with interest.
7. An bhfuil céad agam dul amach go dtí an leithreas’
8. A can of rock shandy is the world’s best fizzy drink.
9. Sure, we’ll go for one’ means you are agreeing to go for at least four.
10. The less expensive your article of clothing, the more proud of it you can be – ‘Penneys finest!’
11. With the arrival of Spring, you must frequently utter the following phrases.
Grand stretch in the evening.
There’s heat in that sun.
Great drying weather!
Buy this paddy hat!
12. You haven’t sufficiently said goodbye to someone on the phone until you’ve said ‘bye’ at least seven times.
13. A Chinese dinner may be simply comprised of chips, rice and curry sauce.
14. Tea will cure 90% of what ails you.