We are all guilty of it, how many of these do you recognize from either your own or someone elses Facebook page! There is probably much more but we reckon these are the most common.
1) Spider/Snake/Big Frickin Bug Photo Update – Common quotes are “This thing nearly killed me”
“You won’t find this back home!!”
“Jaysus the size of this fella”
2) Visa/PR status update– Commonly goes along the line of
“2nd year Visa granted yes boi! ”
“I have finally received a four-year working visa in Australia!” or “PR Granted!!
“Looks like I will be staying in Oz for a while longer!!! :)”
3) Weather screenshots from your Iphone!
We do love these :)
“I’m fricccken melting!!!”
4) Irish products in Australia – Things we might never eat in Ireland are gold over here, we do love sharing an ole packet of taytos – Common quotes are
“Oh how i’ve missed you for the last 6 months!”
“Best packet of taytos everrr!”
5) A casino update
Whether you are in Perth, Melbourne or pretty much anywhere they commonly go along the lines of
“Putting it all on black! – At The Crown Perth”
“Never going to the casino again!
“Did anyone find my Passport last night? :( “
6) The hamper/Christmas hamper from the parents
“Nice one mam you are the best!”
“Sorted now for the next few months woo!
7) A BBQ/Beer/Beach/Sunset photo or a combination of the 3
Yes you know who you are! :) and sure why not! Although I can’t say our friends back home are too impressed. Common quotes are
“Living the dream!”
8) A Kangaroo picture!!! – Had to add this one, how many of you reading this have put up a picture of
“My first Kangaroo wooo ”
There is probably a lot more commonly used photo’s but we just picked these 8, I am sure some of you have done a majority of these. Hope you enjoyed the article and be sure to share it :)