It has been almost a week since Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 disappeared.
The flight that went missing with 239 passengers and crew members on board hasn’t left a trace before vanishing completely, leaving investigators searching in the dark. Amongst all the mystery, there are some things that people may not know yet about the disappearance of flight MH370.
Here are 5 facts we found from various sources that will amaze you!
- Some Passengers Did Not Board The Plane – The Malaysian government is currently investigating the fact that five passengers who were booked for the flight did not get on the plane. They checked in but did not board the plane and their luggage was removed beforehand.
- The Passengers’ Phones Are Still Ringing, Even Now –Many of the loved ones of the 239 people on board the Boeing 777 have been calling them since the plane disappeared on Saturday. They have heard the phones ringing, but no one has answered.
- There Are Parts of Aircraft That Are Buoyant And Naturally Float On Water – In past cases when a plane crashes into the sea, many parts of the plane are found floating on the surface because they are buoyant. No such debris has been found yet!
- The plane could have flown as far as India Or Pakistan -New evidence reveals that the aircraft kept flying for 5 hours after it lost contact with the air traffic control. Plotting the aircraft fly time of 5 hours, the aircraft could have ended up in India or border areas of Pakistan.
- If The Plane Was Hijacked, It Would Not Have Vanished – Many people believe that malice is involved in the disappearance of flight MH370. But if a plane were hijacked by terrorists, it could not vanish from radar. Even if they disabled the transponder on board the plane, ground control could still easily locate the plane using the “passive” radars which sends a signal and measures its reflection (Doppler effect) to find where the plane is.
Additionally there are theories going around that say the commercial airliner was shot down by a missile. The problem with this theory is that the debris generated from a missile strike would have easily been detected by naval ship radars and air traffic authorities. The only way a missile strike would have gone undetected was if it blew everything up into small undetectable pieces and there is no known missile with such destructive capabilities.