With all of these articles on how great Ireland we decided to feature this article, 5 places you can’t miss in Ireland.
Ireland is a visitor friendly country with lots of scenic locations, from the windswept cliffs of mother to the rain-soaked Aran Islands, Ireland is surely a country that you won’t want to miss.
If you love history, Ireland is also the place for you as it has plenty of historical and archeological sites to offer. To the natural beauty lovers, Ireland’s Giant’s Causeway and the entire Kerry County will be a perfect place for you.
Below are five places that you can’t afford to miss when in Ireland.
- Located in the county of Meath, Boyne valley also called the Boyne palace has some of the best historic sites and monuments not only in Ireland but in the world. It is a designated world heritage site.
- The valley features great megalithic olden tombs which are very old dating back to the old days of newgrange usually called the Dowth.
- The tombs are said to date back to about 5,000 years ago.
Ring of Kerry
- A drive in the Ring of Kerry encapsulates an image that you won’t want to forget.
- The place features ancient mountains, beautiful castles, scenic gardens and colorful villages and towns.
- Various films, poems, postcards and songs have been composed to explain the charming locations, nice scenery, dramatic coastline and archeological treasures found in the ring of Kerry.
- A visit to Kerry will surely leave you a relaxed new person.
The Giant’s Causeway
- Giant’s Causeway is one of UNESCO’s world heritage sites and is located in Northern Ireland. It is a proof that Mother Nature provides the most beautiful and dramatic tourist attractions.
- The place features 40,000 polygonal basalt rock columns which were through volcanic processes.
- Visiting the Giant’s Causeway will give you a unique opportunity to walk on one of nature’s most peculiar pathways.
- The burren is a landscape composed of ruts, rocky mounds and a fissure, walking on the burren is a nice experience, an experience that has been likened to walking on the moon surface.
- The burren landscape has experienced many years of acid erosion making the place look like a series of jigsaw of fissures and Clints which cover an area of approximately 300 meters.
- The rocky terrain has a variety of over 70 different species of plants and animals for you to watch. When walking on the rocky terrain of Burren you should be careful as you can easily fall.
The Connemara National Park
- This is one of Ireland’s national park.
- It is very famous for its herd of ponies known as the Connemara ponies, a wild countryside and lastly it is famous for being located around the twelve famous bens mountain range, three of the Bens Mountains are Benbaun, Bencullagh and Benbrack which all lie inside the national park.
- A Visit to Connemara will also help you enjoy hiking and climbing trails thus Connemara is a must visit place for hikers and mountain climbers.
If you love touring try the five places that you can’t afford to miss in Ireland which are listed above and you’ll be amazed by the unique touring experience you’ll get.