Hostel life is a part of most backpackers during their trip to Oz, below are 10 things which I am sure all of you can relate to! :)
- As soon as you check in you know the drill. You scurry to locate a bottom bunk.
- In hostelworld the bottom bunk is a luxury. If you don’t have one you suss out who is leaving next so that when they check out, you can make a burst for it and make the move. Delighted with yourself, first step you make yourself right at home by making a bottom bunk tent.
- A squeeze of shampoo left in the shower is a real find.
- Nothing depresses you more when you smell the aromas and see what other people are rustling up in the kitchen as you look at your instant noodles or dollar pasta.
- People who stay at hostels love the chats. You go down to make a cup of tea or do some laundry and you find yourself chatting to a randomer for an hour.
- You’ve learned how to curse in other languages and you teach foreigners Irish slang ‘What’s the craic?’ is a lot more amusing in an Italian accent.
- You love free stuff- free wifi, free food shelf and free brekkie.
- In every room there is a snorlax.
- You become so used to hostel behaviour. That the couple’s rocking antics in the bed below just sends you off to sleep.
- Giving up your right to space and privacy can be annoying but you get to meet so many characters in return and hostel life is never boring.
Related: International Money Transfer Guide
Also check out HostelWorld if you are thinking about booking a hostel etc they have 19300 hostels & budget hotels on their site!