- There was only one cure for an upset stomach, or a headache, or a cold.
- And if 7UP didn’t sort it out, this certainly would.
- You knew that acting the maggot would result in this
- And that if you didn’t behave, you’d get told to cop on.
- Towels and sheets were kept in the hot press.
- And you lived in mortal fear of leaving the immersion on.
- You learned that gas wasn’t a fuel, it was an adjective.
- You knew that a good funeral’s better than a bad wedding.
- And there was a patron saint for any problem.
- Someone, at some point, has lit a candle for you
- The second anyone crossed the threshold of the house, they were offered a bite to eat.
- Or a cup of tea.
- You know that it’s Paddy’s, not Patty’s.
- If your mum was on the phone, you knew that goodbyes took at least five minutes
- You were baffled to find that some people did not have any cousins.
- And you’d catch your death of cold if you went to bed with wet hair.
- Your love life depended on finding a ring in this
- And it was not a proper dinner unless it had potatoes in it.
- They had the best sense of humour.
Search Our New Job Board:
Jobs For Irish Expats Returning To Ireland
Jobs For Irish People Moving To Australia