Many of us have been in Australia for a while and not visited half of the awesome places around Australia! So we decided to write an article with the help of our Facebook fans!
There is a lot more places in Australia to see than these 12 this is a snapshot! They are simply places recommended by fellow Irish in Australia. If you are backpacking around and thinking about booking a hostel then HostelWorld is great for seeing what’s available in each area.
How many have you visited? Don’t forget your Travel Insurance.
- Karijini NP (WA) – Karijini National Park in Australia’s North West is all about adventure. It’s about exploring ancient rocky tunnels and plunging gorges, paddling through crystal-clear waterways and swimming under stunning waterfalls. And the best bit? Its most amazing scenery is all within easy reach.
- Ningaloo Reef (WA) – The Reef stretches approximately 260 kilometres up the Western Australian coastline from Coral Bay to Exmouth.
- Whitsundays – 3 Days, 2 Nights Sailing. With a variety of sailing trips you can’t go wrong with this experience! This tropical region is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Australia and for good reason.With endless stretches of sand, crystal clear seas and a perfect climate all year round, locations such as Airlie Beach and Hamilton Island are certainly paradise on earth.
- Fraser Island – Fraser island is a place of exceptional beauty, with its long uninterrupted white beaches flanked by strikingly coloured sand cliffs, and over 100 freshwater lakes, some tea-coloured and others clear and blue all ringed by white sandy beaches.
- Kroombit Park – Kroombit Tops is a national park in Central Queensland, Australia. It is an amazing outback experience.
- Kangaroo Island (SA) – You might find a random Kangaroo here, jokes!
- Great Ocean Road – The Great Ocean Road is an Australian National Heritage listed 243 kilometres (151 mi) stretch of road along the south-eastern coast of Australia between the Victorian cities of Torquay and Allansford.
- Lady Elliott Island (QLD) – At Lady Elliot Island on the Great Barrier Reef, you can step off the beach and snorkel, swim or dive in an underwater holiday world of brilliantly coloured species of marine life, or just simply relax and soak in the natural island atmosphere.
- Kakadu NP – A national park like no other!
- The Kimberley’s(Broome) (WA) – The Kimberley in Australia is one of the last true wilderness areas on Earth, with iconic outback landscapes and undiscovered secrets billions of years in the making. Also Broome is in WA.
- WA in general has amazing beaches – Some notable ones close to the city are Trigg Beach, City Beach, Scarborough and many more!
- Rottnest Island (WA) – Rottnest Island, Western Australia’s very own Island getaway featuring a casual atmosphere, picturesque scenery and some of the world’s finest beaches and bays, is located just 19 kilometres off the coast of Fremantle.
Now get out and go visit some of these places!